Monday, March 14, 2005

Average Report


Look mommy, I can read

One of my closest friend dropped by my home late one evening, and conquered my room to chill. As he rummaged through my magazine box, he came across a blue plastic folder. "What's this?"

Oh, it's my ahievement folder.

That's what I call it. The achievement folder. Inside there are middle school report cards, certificates, highschool diploma, my IB diploma, and my BBA degree. But what was interesting to me, as my friend and I flipped through many white and multicolored pages, was the fact that it was clear that I was a really smart kid.

Yeah, I was. I remembered when I was in the States, the state education department wanted me to skip 6th grade to 8th grade, based on my IQ and other mental exams. I remembered I pleaded to my mom and dad that I did not want to because the 8th grade kids looked so much older and bigger. Plus, in my heart, I wanted so desperately to be cool and being a geek wasn't, but I guess true colors always seep through. In 8th grade and in a class of 250, I was ranked number 4.

Years fast forward, I managed to become the "average guy" that I wanted to be so badly back then. In highschool, I was only ranked 41 out of a class of 120. My IB scores were only 32. And for my degree, I only made into the deans list twice. Yay, I am average! And even though average is the not the essence of success, I truly feel that average has a beauty of its own, which is satisfaction.

2 Comments:

Blogger N. Salim said...

Ahmad, that is such a lie! You did not only just make it to the Dean's List twice during your degree... that's impossible, your name was on that list most of the time I remember...

6:41 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

Nadja :

Hahaha...I wished, but in reality, that was the deal.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home