Monday, March 07, 2005

Saying Hi


Next station

By 10.30 pm last night, my exhausted body was already in bed but my mind was still racing. Work got the better of me and the to-do-list kept on appearing like a bad dream. I tossed and turned, but no use. Should I go down stairs and drink milk? Ah, too lazy. I just kept closing my eyes, and listened to the noisy air-con, hoping that by some miracle I would be sleeping like good timber.

Annoyingly, someone called me up at 11 pm. Damn it! But to my surprise, that someone turned out a girl who I used to date years ago...

...How I met her was bizarre. I remembered clearly that it was during my student years, when LRT was the means for trasport to KLCC. Yes, the LRT: It was during rush hour after 6 pm, and she and I was going for the same vacant seat as I was. Being the unfortunate gentlemen, I motioned that she could have it, and she responded, "Are you sure?" in this very American accent. Immediately, I felt a sence of connection, and shoved my right hand to her and said, "Hi!" The rest was interesting...

..."Hello!"

"Hey."

"Wow, it has been ages. What's up?"

"Nothing, just dropping by to say hello."

"Hello."

2 Comments:

Blogger shobshob said...

hey there, the situation is really familiar huh? :P

2:05 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

aeyya and shobshob :

it is familiar because the whole meet-someone-on-the-lrt was THE way to do it...back in 2003! Bet you two have done it too...hehehe.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home