Thursday, March 03, 2005

Songs After Work

I look forward to the drive after work. There's something extremely relaxing about it. I guess it has to do with the fact I usually leave work worries and stress at the office, and not with me when I go home.

I usually leave work around 7 pm and I love that time of day. It's the transition to night, and that cruise (or even when in a traffic jam) is delicious, especially when listening to these songs:


Aaliyah - "It's Whatever"

...Just like a breeze
In the middle of a summer's eve
when you come through
you come for me
If I'm a drink
you're my lemon sqeeze
Oh, you got flavor boy
you go good with me...



Maxwell - "Welcome"

...Tonight will make one week
Tonight's our anniversary
And if you don't talk to me
Tomorrow will never be...



Joe - "All the things (your man won't do)"

I put a string of pearls right in your hand
make love on a beach of jet black sand...



Sade - "By your side"

...And if you want to cry
I am here to dry your eyes (oh)
You know time
You'll be fine...



Janet - "Any time, any place"

...I don't wanna stop just because
people standin' 'round watchin' us
I don't give a damn what the think
I want you now...


Ah...wasn't that relaxing?

3 Comments:

Blogger khaylis said...

ooo i love janet and sade! v. soothing for the long drive back at night....(and other night time activities, i'm sure...hehe.)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

khaylis :

yeah, i know. the whole mood music thing is so in!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

aeyya :

the sing-sing thing in my volvo is not a good idea (remember me leaving my keys in the locked Volvo? Argh! hehehe)

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home