Thursday, September 01, 2005

Not Exactly Back to the Future


Um, what year is this?

Well, I'll be damned. Ms Khaylis and Ms Yoga have tagged me to complete this self-reflection meme. Ok, I will do it, but be warned. I am not completely rationale because (1) my mind is already on weekend mode, (2) didn't get much sleep. Had sex last night.

20 Years Ago, 1985
-The first time I flew on an airplane
-The first time I traveled overseas
-The first year living in the grey colored Beijing, China
-The first time exposed to duty free Lego sets and Transformers
-The first time I tasted Peking duck / dumplings / roasted sweet potato / shark fin soup / halal-Chinese buffets
-First time I saw and made friends with mat salleh / african / japanese kids when I went to a posh kindergarten at Hotel Lido
-Had a difficult time saying "the" (my tongue only said "da" cat, "da" toilet etc)

10 Years Ago, 1995
-Came back to Malaysia from Athens, Ohio
-Went into 9th Grade in ISK"Hell"
-Despite being a freshmen, hanged out with the juniors (I was soooo cool)
-The first time I smoked Malboro
-The first time I was "18" (my homemade ID card gave me access into Fire)
-The first time I tasted Vodka

5 Years Ago, 2000
-The second year at UNITEN
-Was coined as "The American" or "Mud Salleh" by peers
-Made into Deans Lists despite living in The Backroom / Bali on Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday and yes, Sunday
-The first time I fell inlove
-The first time I had my heart thrown into acid

3 Years Ago, 2002
-The year that I participated in universities events
-The year that my team became champions for the Business Management Competition
-The year how the juniors whispered-whispered about me because they saw me on MTV
-The horrible year when I streaked my hair blonde (what the hell was I thinking???)
-The year how I lived with my bestfriends (Zales, Efi and Fairil)at posh apartment in 101 Resort
-The year I jammed with underground R&B crooners (now famous) at Bangsar / Uptown
-The year I lived in Barbarrans / Orange with Aeyya

Last Year, 2004
-Graduated from UNITEN
-Became a slave at a public relations agency
-Made my first salary
-Tried and failed to become a Malaysian Idol

This Year, 2005
-Work, work, work at a corporate advisory group
-Gym, gym, gym with Gym Goddess Maya and Khaylis
-Bond, bond, bond with The Usual Suspects
-The first exposure to the Blog World
-The first time I fell inlove with writing
-Moving onto greener pastures and sell my soul to an oil and gas company

Next Year, 2006
-Work, work, work at an oil and gas company

10 Years from Now, 2015
-34, and filthy rich
-Married with a non-celebrity / non-royal / non-lawyer wife and have four beautiful kids
-Still the hot shit

Ok, I am tagging Mangolisa, The Kimster, Ms D, Silent and Madnessinvain.

12 Comments:

Blogger khaylis said...

yay mudsters! went to the gym for the first time in two weeks yesterday and diiiiiiieeed. but felt good to destress on the treadmill. left just as the gym was closing. lets chill this weekend. ta.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Adu said...

34 years old and filthy rich?
We all want that now, aren't we?
Heh Heh.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Sports Freak said...

Damn... i'll be 34 in a year and a half... how to be filthy rich by 34? How?!?!

My only hope for instant richness is if the lottery ticket in my wallet hits the jackpot of RM9,000,000. We can dream right?

1:58 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

10 years too long I think... hmmm will spend more time here reading on the abhorrence towards celebs, royals and lawyers (ok lawyers I understand!).

Next time! Running on short leash right now, so just been blog hopping.

Cheers.

4:05 AM  
Blogger SamuraiSepeda said...

How "hot shit" exactly are we talking about?

3:39 AM  
Blogger madnessinvain said...

Wohoooo, someone had been very very lucky. Penat lagi bro?

9:47 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

khaylis :

gosh, i always have fun with you on Sundays. and yeah, wished i had the pancakes when i drove back. need. pancakes. nowwwww... ;)

yes, yes, see you on the treads.

foxybabe :

it originally was 30 and filthy rich, but then again, i think that was a tad too optimistic. 34 is more achievalble, knowing that CEO's are getting younger by the minute!

sports freak :

dude, we can always dream, and why resort to gambling? tak payah, you're rich already man. pursuing something you love like sports is rich in its own nature. :)

7:22 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

zed :

hey pal, thanks for dropping by. :) your blog is good read. keep it up.

cherrybakewells :

hehehehehheheheheheheh... ;P

nais :

heheh...oklah memory. but the truth is, much has been censored. my blog is indeed PG13. ;P

yeah, i hope my venture is going to be cool. i am actually preparing for the worst (will tell you about it soon...)

7:28 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

samuraisepeda :

hahahahah...actually, i really don't know why i typed that out. remember, i was under lots of influence on that friday. ;P

and yeah, thanks for dropping by.

madnessinvain :

hahahhahah...today oklah. gosh, the things a guy would do to get laid, including lack of sleep. tsk tsk tsk. huhuhu...

silent :

hahahahhah...the shame the shame. when you think you know who you don't want to be with, at the end you realise you will always end up with a lawyer. aiyoooooo...

hey, it was great seeing you at the wedding.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

ailin :

hey, thanks for dropping by! :) I was in Athens, Ohio because my Pa did his Masters there. had pleasant memories there; very carefree. Do you happen to know anybody from that part of the world? ;)

6:01 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

ailin :

oh my god!!! what a very small world. and yes, my family and i were there in 94 (only left to msia in 95). who was your friend?

and hahahahha you went to AHS? i didn't make it that far. went to Athens Middle School at uptown. (ahahahah...remember uptown area? or was it downtown? hahah...confused.)

9:38 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

elmwood...that's a really nice place to live. my family and i lived in this crummy (but quaint) house on richland ave. it's right across wendy's and mchappy's.

hahahah...i am becoming nostalgic now. missed the cupcakes at Oasis. The buttered popcorn at the cinema. and don't forget Msian nights and Halloween (if you haven't known, Athens is the 13ths scariest places on earth!)

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home