Monday, May 02, 2005

Visual Dreams


Unknown

Once in a while, I have extremely visual dreams. And what I mean by visual is that the imagery I received from it would often leave a deep impression on my being the next morning. The entire day. The whole month. The full year.

An example of this "visual" dream was where I found myself feeling extremely thirsty and searching frantically for water in a dark cave. Miracously, I found this small pond in the middle, so I crouched over and drank. However, the more I drank, the more I became thirsty, so I kept on gulping as much as I could. Why is this happening to me? I thought. After minutes of drinking, I soon realised that the liquid cupped in my hands was blood.

I remember waking up feeling extremely hot. My head was pounding heavily, and I knew I was having a fever. Trying to cool down my temperature, I went to the bathroom to wash my face and my head. When I looked up at the mirror, I shuddered as I watched streams of thick blood spewing from my nostrils, down my chin and my neck. Oh my god, I WAS drinking blood!

I told a friend about this dream, and she told me to quit drinking. Soon after, I did.

I am still unsure whether this dream was sent from God. Or was just a result of my fever. But what frightens me is that despite that I found myself drinking blood in my dream, a part of me enjoyed it. And 'till today, I don't know why I did.

--

Update : According to www.dreammoods.com;

Cave - To dream that you are walking in a dark cave signifies refuge or unconscious mind. It also denotes that you experience some unexpected misfortune or disagreement.

Thirst - To dream that you are thirsty denotes that you are taking on too much than you can handle and you are reaching for goals that are beyond your reach. If you quench your thirst, then you will achieve your wishes and desires.

Blood - To dream that you are drinking blood indicates that you have a fresh burst of vitality and power.

No wonder I enjoyed it! Buhlooodddd! Hahahaha...

9 Comments:

Blogger In Technicolor said...

remind me of the time i went down on somebody and she didnt tell me it was the time of month for her. oh well. u live by the sword, u die by the sword.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

theroadie :

Oh the details man!!! Hahahah...thanks for the colorful comment.

12:23 AM  
Blogger khaylis said...

ewww.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

random-girl :

Is that what they call it? hahahah...anyway, what a really wack dream! And yeah, we have to catch up on this and solve this murder case. hehehehe

khaylis :

Hahahah...ewww as in my dream or ewww to what theroadie's comment? lalalala...:)

12:31 AM  
Blogger disco-very said...

dreams are such an intruiging topic. there have been a couple of times where i've caught myself semi-conscious and going into a trance-like state, where my head starts burning and my chest feels heavy, but i tend to consciously shake myself out of it because i'm scared of what's happening. I hope to pick up enough courage some day to see what comes after.

2:27 AM  
Blogger shobshob said...

interesting... i once dreamt being thrown in a jail for killing a guy.. and this nightmare was when i'm in sekolah rendah.. scary~~.. really hope it won't happen.. huhu..

4:18 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

disco-very :

According to a malay belief, what you experienced was the result of a spirit sitting on your chest! Yeap, when this happen, you will be conciously awake but at the same time, still sleeping, and you will then feel this heavy sensation on your chest. You will probably let out s scream, but realise that you can't hear yourself. Then you struggle until you finally wake up, feeling exhausted and confused...

This happened a good ol' three times in my life, and i hope it won't happen to me again.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

shobshob :

according to www.dreammoods.com, murder indicates that you are putting an end to an old habit, or addiction. it also means that you are repressing some rage towards others or yourself.

To dream that you are in jail mean that you are feeling confined or suffocated about something...

hopefully, this explanation gives light to what you experienced...

5:31 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

that's... comforting. :P

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home