Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Over Drinks


Heavy Brew

It has been awhile since I met up with Kobis. Due to recent conflicting schedules, we kept on postponing our usual lepak session at Aseana cafe, but on that Wednesday, both of us were free. Despite the rain and how hungry I was, we managed to discuss very critical issues, which are listed below :

Dilemma 1 : Kobis told me that he recently went to a neighboring country, and apparently, managed to wage a war on his urge to sleep around. The reason being is that whenever he talks to his girlfriend on the phone, he felt completely compelled to remain "cheatless" because she sounded extremely trusting. There were never any questions to his whereabouts, or any of that is-that-a-girl-in-the-background check. However, he said, "If not cheating is good, how come I feel completely crap?"

Dilemma 2 : We continued to assess the relationships we were involved in, and out of no where, he said, "You know, I have come to a point that I will be okay if it doesn't work out with her." That really struck a cord with me. Both of us had came out of really bad relationships, to the point that if the next venture doesn't work out, we would be okay. "But, is this a good thing?" he asked. "Should I be okay knowing that I won't be completely heartbroken if this doesn't work out?"

We continued to ponder. Sipping hot coffee.

9 Comments:

Blogger Pojan said...

Hi,1st time here today.
Anyway, IMHO, it's not a good thing to be feeling okay if you know that you're not gonna be completely heartbroken if the relationship doesnt workout. It means that you're settling for second best IF the relationship ever works out. Don't ever settle for second best. But maybe it'll change over time. Maybe now you're feeling okay if it doesn't work out. But maybe the feeling changes after spending more time together. Just my 2 cents.

7:58 PM  
Blogger MDR said...

caffeine is a great fuel for those pondering thoughts :-)

7:58 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

pojan :

Hi, thanks for dropping by. :)

I understand where your opinion stands. But in my case, I have to differ...

I guess I wasn't clear in the beginning. Or perhaps this is what I should have said : I will be heartbroken. But not devastated.

The reason being is that I had gone through the pits before, so the whole drama is too familiar. If I could have survived that, I think I could survive anything...

So I guess, perhaps, I have been immuned somewhat. And I am okay with it.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

marinadelrey :

yeah, it also fuels a motor mouth...hahahah (hey, still can't believe you heard me on the radio...hahahah).

10:06 PM  
Blogger Pojan said...

Perhaps I'm being too romantic, way too romantic for a lot of ppl I guess, but I think, until you find The One, you pretty much think you can survive anything until the moment you think you would lose him/her.

5:30 PM  
Blogger MDR said...

Muddy.. I DID hear you..and I remember thinkin' how funny it was that they made u sing the song to urself! heh ..not a bad voice :-)

5:46 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

nikola :

hey N.Lo! I can't believe you found my blog!!! hehehe...

anyway, no worries, your secret garden will remain a secret (for now...heheheh).

6:27 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

pojan :

thanks for the advice. and if i ever found the ONE, you will definitely be the first to know...:)

marinadelray :

i am still chuckling away to what i did. and thanks for the compliment...hehehe

6:36 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

nais :

hey, thanks for dropping by again! :)

yeah, to think about it, you're right. i guess have put up this shield around me, so that if anything cracks, i will be ok. but, if removing this shield will allow me to love someone completely, than i might opt for this option...

and point taken. (girls talk all the time...hehehe)...

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home