Monday, March 28, 2005

Mis-Word : Part Dua


Hilang dalam Terjemahan

I admit! (Hands up in the air...) That I can be a complete moron when it comes with the Malay language. Ampun ampun!

1. While I was driving on the Federal Highway on a night after Zouk, I realised how there weren't many cars on the road. So, I turned to my friend in the passenger seat and said, "Wow, the road is so laybang!"
FACT : It's lapang (with a mixture of lebar)

2. After work, I was heading towards a little gathering of old friends. Because I was still in my work clothes, I really thought I looked like shit. So, I asked my friend and asked, "Hey, do I look berselerak?"
FACT : It's berserabut

Hey, give me a patah, ok! I'm cuba-ing!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Elina said...

I would probably have made the same berselerak mistake!! My Malay is embarrassingly bad, too (except when I'm mad and swearing) so you're not alone.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

elina :

i find comfort in that fact. lol. but i am really trying. really. :)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home