Thursday, April 28, 2005

Kids


LaLA..lalalaLAAAAAA

Last night, the Usual Suspects and Shob gathered at Suzie's Corner for a very late dinner after watching a series of short plays at our highschool (to which Han brilliantly directed one of them entitled "Room"). As we chowed down our food and drank cheap drinks, I could not help but feel overwhelmed from visiting the place which I used to refer as ISK"Hell".

It has been six years since we graduated! I shouted. Shit, we're old! We're almost thirty!

Immediately, Khaylis and Zales grumbled at my matter-of-factness, and told me to shut up. In order to reassure ourselves that we are indeed still very young, we went on to tap into our inner kid and reflect on how much we enjoyed watching great shows such as :

1) The Smurfs.
"Can't believe they even had a gay smurf," Khaylis said.
"Which one?" asked Zales.
"Vanity Smurf."

2) Transformers, and how much I wanted to buy the robot which had a tape-deck feature on its chest "because I thought if I bought that robot, I would get many robots with it. Was I wrong..."

3) Jem, and how Zales would make pink paper stars as earings, hoping that Synergy would change her clothes.

4) CareBears, and how I pointed out that I used to think that the animation was brilliant back then. "Now, I realised that the colors are too sugary, and what's with too much pink?!!"

5) Voltron, and how Khaylis and Zales always wanted to be the pink princess.

6) And how we secretly currently watch new shows like Sponge Bob, Lizzie Macguire, The Amanda Show, All That (old seasons) and That's So Raven.

It was 11 pm and was time to go. Can't believe tomorrow's Friday, I said. Don't wanna go to work... Because, deep in my heart, I would rather wake up in my pajamas, drink milk and eat sweet Oreos, and swith on the tv to watch great morning cartoons. Like how we all joyeously used to do.

11 Comments:

Blogger shobshob said...

I have to say that my favorite cartoon is Cow & Chicken. It's kinda gross but I still love it. :))

9:50 PM  
Blogger asm@di said...

Got here via Roadie's.

If you feel old at 24, I should feel ancient then. God, those cartoon shows sure bring back a lot of childhood memories.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

shobshob :

cow & chicken is hilarious! but i just cannot stand or more like cannot help but LOOK at Cow's you-know-what! hahahahaha

asmadi :

hey, thanks for dropping by! :) hahaha...yeah, it would be great to watch some old re-runs of, say, Dungeons & Dragons? My god, i miss that show...

11:23 PM  
Blogger In Technicolor said...

ISKHELL? Sounds more like ISGAYHELL. Hahahahaha. Just kidding..hehe..

12:59 AM  
Blogger Pojan said...

dave the barbarian rocks!

2:40 AM  
Blogger Spazlee said...

Hey hey...

What about Thunder Cats, He-man and She-ra?

5:54 AM  
Blogger Hyphenated L said...

i miss suzie's maggie goreng...

9:11 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

theroadie :

the cardinal rule is that those who do/did go to that school can diss it. others who don't and diss it are dead.

but, by the way, it does sound like ISGAYHELL! MUAHAHAHA...

pojan :

hahaa...the new cartoons. Is it on nickelodeon or disney?

1:47 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

random-girl :

ICANTBELIEVEIFORGOTTHESIMPSONS! Dope!!! heheheh

nais :

hey babe, Thundercats were awesome. i had always wanted to ride on them flying skateboards (used to pretend that mine would). hehehe...and yeah, junk food. Love 'em.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

Nazlee :

Hey Swiss Lady, thanks for dropping by! And yeah, thundercats, he-man, and she-ra were dope cartoons. Damn, i had always wanted their swords...thunder thunder thunder! hahahah

Hyphenated :

Hey there, thanks for dropping by too. Can't believe I have the Queen grace my blog. :) And yeah, the maggie goreng is awesome...

1:56 AM  
Blogger Pojan said...

dave the barbarian is on disney channel.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home