Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Margarita


Tempting

Since the beginning of January this year, I made a promise to myself to quit smoking AND drinking. The smoking part was easy (only a social smoker since 1995), but the drinking part is tough. Despite that I haven't drank a drop, at some nights, I crave and itch for a cold glass of frozen lime margarita. I know it is such a pooh pooh drink, but it tastes so good, god-damn-it! Anyway, to add onto the checklist for a healthier lifestyle, I recently joined a gym at Menara Maxis.

Most of the time when I do go to the gym, I would go on my own. Khaylis was suppose to be my gym buddy but her work schedule and mine haven't coincide recently. So, it felt great when I bumped into someone who I knew and who agreed to be my gym buddy yesterday. (Yay, I have a friend.) However, he is no ordinary friend. He turned out to be the ex of my ex.

It was really weird to have bumped into him. The grounds of our association was this girl who totally screwed both of us up, but both of us were too proud to admit it to each other. Until now. Coincidently, after the gruesome class of Body Combat, he tapped on my shoulder and said, "Let's chill after this." Nodding my head, I knew what that chill was going to be about.

Around 8pm, both of us headed towards the central food court at KLCC, ordered our food, sat down and tried on some small talk. But, predictably, he zoomed in into the crucial matter of the meeting, and said, "You know what happened."

No.

"Oh, I broke up with her a year ago."

Without a pause, he continued telling me that things were rocky when he discovered that she was stealing his money and his credit card details. "She even had the nerve to tell me not to be down after a week my father passed away!" After sharing me some endless historical data, he said that he could not tolerate the distrust and ended the relationship. "But, the thing is, she never cheated on me though," he said. Silence.

It was already 9.15pm and I told him that I had to go. We exchanged numbers, and he told me to call him up next time I hit the gym. Yeah, no worries, I said.

As I walked down the escalator to the car park, I could not help but feel this need to tell him something he did not know. That she did cheat on him. With me. But I decided not to tell him and promised to myself about it. Because just like that margarita, I will refrain from it. Period.

14 Comments:

Blogger khaylis said...

be careful what you say on yer blog, mudsters! (blog secrets = no secret!) believe me, i've learnt my lesson...

also, gym, today!? can?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

khaylis :

i doubt that he will read this. but if he did, it is ok. i needed to get it off my chest anyway...

no can do babe. having this big review. sorry. :( but definitely tomorrow. :)

8:23 PM  
Blogger disco-very said...

cor, all the materials needed for a new soap drama!

that caught me by surprise. nicely written, dude.

btw i also broke my drinking abstinence last weekend, but it was because my friend asked really REALLY nicely if i could have a drink with him and promised it wouldn't be strong at all.

(plus he was gorgeous. :P)

1:10 AM  
Blogger shobshob said...

the whole situation is so confusing.. thank god i've never been in one! but my advice is, don't be in that situation again.. :)

3:40 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

random-girl :

wow! you managed to quit drinking?! that's so cool. but, that's the thing about smoking too...it's a difficult habit to kick once you're hooked. I have friends who said they are just social smoker, but smoke packets a day. Am I missing something or are they just too social? hehehe...

disco-very :

Sounds like he was trying to get you in bed. And you were ok with it...hahahahah...just kidding. :P

5:02 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

shobshob :

i agree! that situation was too complicated for me. i made a mistake, will not make it again, and moving on...

nais :

wow, thanks babe. :) and yeah, wasn't sure that i wanted to reveal the ending, but i thought, what the heck? its my blog. lol.

and no, i can't speak in cantonese, but do speak a little of mandarin. :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger MDR said...

yes, the makings of a soap opera indeed: ex of ex becomes gym buddy..and there's a twist of irony in there with that secret revealed...

6:27 PM  
Blogger In Technicolor said...

TGIF kinda drink??

i am gonna give you a list of places where you should not order this drink especially at the bar. u'll get beaten up by the homophobic patrons.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

marinadelray :

hahahah...never really wanted my experience to translate itself into a soap! that's just wrong.

theroadie :

muhahahah! i know man! when i did drink, i would only resort ordering IT at Chillis/TGIFs. it was such a shameful secret, but hey, i dug margaritas! leave me alone...hahahah

9:41 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

random-girl :

then exactly what is a hard-core smoker?? wait, i don't want to know. muhahahaha...

nikola :

thanks for the warning! and about that rpm class? it looks INSANE! only doing this to increase my stamina, not to die! hahaha...and yeah, your offer has just been carved in stone. :P

10:10 PM  
Blogger khaylis said...

ha! you'll have to drag me kicking and screaming into rpm class........

:D

2:37 AM  
Blogger Blake said...

Muddy,

Thanks for checking out my blog! You kicked my ass on the SAT, dude. This is a great story for all the wrong reasons: ex meets ex of ex, ex befriends ex of ex, ex totally cheated on ex's ex. What a twist; I love it.

Also, I gave up drinking four weeks ago to help out the new diet I'm on. Seeing as how I was a Texas frat guy in college and a beer snob now that I’m graduated from college, I tend to over-enjoy fatty alcohol.

So I'll be checking your blog frequently for entertainment! Plus, I like getting a different perspective from someone half a world away from me!


All the best,

Blake

7:58 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

annabie :

hey babe, yeah, thanks for the advice, but no worries, doubt that my post would lead to anywhere...

and talking like a true rockstar with "no comment". :)

aeyya :

yeap, yeap, all your assumptions are correct! hahaha...and yeah, miss you like crazy and congrats!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

Blake :

Thanks for dropping by dude. And yeah, SATs was just an exam. When reflecting back, i realised that it did not really determine who i am right now, so no worries! hahah...

And way to go with your decision to go for healthier living! Join the club! :)

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home