Thursday, March 24, 2005

Lunch Topic


Shi's not convinced...

Shi is my favorite lunch partner. Every time, without fail, I realised that she can smoke a cigarrete, drink teh ais and make fuck-you statements without a twitch, and I find it quite liberating. The lunch topic today include :

1. If dogs brutally attack a kid, is it fair to put the dogs to sleep? Her argument is that dogs often don't attack unless they feel threatened. And that it is their natural instinct to attack when they do feel so. In that case, she said, "It's all the kids damn fault. Padan muka."

2. When a blind man/woman walk pass you, is it a must that you give them money? Her argument is that you should donate out of your good heart. On the other hand, most people, fork out that measly 1 ringgit because they don't want the people sitting next to them to sneer. Plus, she added, "Why should I give them money when I am eating roti canai and then I see them spend my money on steak?"

I keep on eating. Always amused.

4 Comments:

Blogger Muddy said...

nais :

the "stay still" game works every damn time! lol. But, to think back, it actually quite mean, but hey, we're human...

and thanks for the bday wish! appreciate it.

random-girl :

it is really sad that there are people out there who could manipulate a very serious and sad condition, and profit from it. and it is disturbing that we are living in a time period where donating constitutes as being conned.

and point taken : children should never go around begging, especially in the middle of the night. what are the parent's thinking???

7:02 AM  
Blogger In Technicolor said...

u cant blame the dog. its an animal. it follows its instinct. the issue is quite simple. follow the EU law. the OWNER is held fully responsible. the authorities should charge him with attempted murder.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

theroadie :

I am all for charging the owner. but does it have to be severe as attempted murder?

I watched an Oprah episode where a little 8 year old kid faced the same ordeal. The owner of the two dogs were charged, and the dogs were also put to sleep. Above all, the kid was clearly still in shock, but what was most touching was how clearly sympathetic he was for the dogs who were put to sleep. He kept on saying, "I am sorry..."

Teary moments, it was...

4:16 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

kobis :

I was laughing out loud when I read your comment! How bizarrely true! I mean, will you be able to identify the exact dog that attacked you? perhaps if it was your neighbor's dog or a dog that you are familiar with, but a random dog?

perhaps you can identify the type of dog, but to pinpoint whether that was the exact random dog, that's just not possible. imagine if he said "that dog" and that dog is innocent...

*wow, i just read my comment to you, and i realised it is a really good tongue twister!*

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home