Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Other Daily


Powered by winds and cows

Last week, I think I went completely mad at MPH. The incredible discounts given on all them juicy books sent me on a rampage, and I felt it was the closest I had ever been to cocaine. I was also all determined to become an exclusive MPH's member, but the thought of spending a total of RM200 and in turn, busting my budget this month was disheartening (I am indeed to save a motherload for my trip to Melbourne this year). So, I restrained, tightened my belt and picked up only what was crucial (which ended up being a novel and a cookbook for my friend's birthday gift).

While cruising down the aisle, I walked passed two girls that were chit-chatting over something they read in a local magazine. What stopped me in my tracks was when they mentioned out a name I knew. "I can't believe she did that," the girl in the black tee shirt said. "She thinks she is so pretty. So perasan." Later on, they ranted over something which I surprised me, especially when I knew my friend (who they were raving about) was not capable of doing such things. Or so I want to believe.

As I was waiting in line to pay for my items, I could not help but wonder whether there is indeed some truth in gossips we hear everyday. But what strikes me to the bone are those that are about the ones you love.

It's amazing how you are put into the most uncomfortable situation when a casual friend comes to you and tell you this-and-that about someone so close to you, especially when you have never have heard about it before.

"You did not know she is divorced?"

No, I responded.

"How come? I thought you are close?"

Uncomfortable. Situation. How did you know? I asked.

"She told me."

Hmmm...

Also, what drives me mad is how unlikely it was for me to confront (okay, not confront, but to bring light to) the gossips I hear to my friend. When I heard that a friend was described as a money-sucker, till today, I did not have the nerve to say this to her. I guess it is because you don't want to be put in that "uncomfortable" situation where you drop such a bomb during those get-together dinners.

But a comrade told me that I have to tell. "It's your obligation to seek the truth, no matter how uncomfortable it gets."

And that was what I learnt today. I called my friend and she told me she is not divorced. So, all I can say is, khabar angin mongers, in your face!!!

P.S. During a party, someone asked me whether it is true that Greener Pastures give discounted fuel prices to their employees. I was like, you gila ah? Mana ada company like that??? And what was hilarious was how he believed it was true all along...

Ah gossips. You are so full of shit.

18 Comments:

Blogger pugly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:55 AM  
Blogger pugly said...

Aaah ... the first one on your comments page ... how refreshing
:-)

Gossips are normally just that - gossips. Even funnier when you start hearing gossips about your own self, and you're always the last to know about it.

I find the fact that you, a Malaysian guy, actually going crazy over a pile of discounted books refreshing too :-) I was beginning to think that guys are not really into books on this side of the globe.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Freak and Geek said...

wei, even bloggers gossip...

that's the ugly truth abt blogworld.

btw, discounted price fuel??? hahahhhaha.. too good to be true!

4:14 AM  
Blogger Inn said...

Greener Pastures just give 3X points for staff for their fuel purchase. hehe.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Fiza said...

i wish someone would gossip me with maya karin. *sigh*

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How abt me and Nigel Barker ! Muddy is he gay ??? Please dont be gay, please ont be gay
If you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME

3:19 AM  
Blogger shobshob said...

i think rumors can be very dangerous.. and it can also give u a different perspective on things...

8:27 AM  
Blogger RosiePosie said...

i liked that you asked your friend about it instead of resorting to believing what you heard :) gossip may be fun and seemingly harmless but news always take on a different form whilst travelling down the grapevine to make the end-result way juicier at the expense of others. now i'm getting emo -_- having said that, sometimes you just gotta laugh about these things, huh?

(btw, did you hear the one about muddy and that sizzling hot babe...etcetc) ;)

3:21 PM  
Blogger Cosmic_GurL said...

But Greener Pastures do give like 6 months bonus kan? Hehehe..or is tht just a rumour? :p

6:50 PM  
Blogger About Blogreader said...

No, it's just a rumour. Damn gossip mongers.

8:08 PM  
Blogger an0nymous-ign0ranus said...

without gossips, URTV and Mangga would be very very very very boring.

12:51 AM  
Blogger kimster said...

Mudster,
Greener Pasture gives out discounted fuel? Yeah, that will be the day!

Gossips? - That stuff I can ignore. But cheap books? - now, that is the kind of stuff which I cannot handle :P

I think I am somewhat addicted - been spending too much money on too many books every month.

3:21 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

pugly :

hahaha you mean guys in neverland don't read? ;P yeah, i dig cheap books. i don't know what that says about me, hahaha but books can get really expensive sometimes. to think that at some days we get discounts over these crucial things makes me a very happy man. ;)

freak and geek :

oh yeah! bloggers gossip are insane! hahaha...it's amazing how we talk about other bloggers among our real friends. i guess people do like to talk or hear about other people's business...

yeah, discounted fuel price. how i wish it was true though...

inn :

hahahah well, that's true. but then again, i think all those points i collected only entitles me to a bottle of mineral water. huhuhu...;P

5:03 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

9 :

hahaha i can get that rumor started man. "hey did you hear that 9 is dating maya karin?"...muahahaha! :P

anon :

hahaha...ok, there's another ANTM fanatic in town. according to a friend, she said that nigel is married. so, i guess he's straight, so that rumors down the drain.

shobshob :

hey, did you hear that shobshob is going to bali in may??? muahahhaha!!!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

rosieposie :

i couldn't agree with you more. sometimes it is exciting in a weird way to hear about other people. but when it comes to hearing on rumors about yourself, the tables turn immediately...

and this sizzling hot babe. you referring to the sizzling Adriana Lima right? ;P

cosmic gurl :

hahaha...greener pastures did give out six months bonus, but it was more like 4 + 2 (four months bonus plus two months 30th anniversary bonus). as for this year, don't know how much though...huhuhu.

blogreader :

i know! damn gossip mongers!!!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

babe :

hahahhaa! those mags are so trashy, but great to read when you go to open houses and get bored to death. ;P

kimster :

i am with you with the cheap books man! and talking about not busting my budget this month...well, just did last weekend. oh well, better luck next time...hahahah!!!

5:16 PM  
Blogger pugly said...

Nah ... guys in Neverland don't read - never! :-)

Books - cheap or expensive - we love 'em all ... even more for the cheap ones. And here is where I'm going to gloat a little: I can still get discounts through some `connections' even though it's been more than 6 months since I quit from MPH and on to my version of greener pasture :-P

7:04 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

pugly :

i love it when we have connections. hehehe. ;)

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home