Sunday, February 06, 2005

Later in Life

I don't know what time it was, but then again, who does when it is Sunday morning. Annoyingly, I woke up to my handphone that vibrated next to my left ear, and apparently, a long time friend texted me.

What is this about? I thought.

I flipped open my deep purple phone and the SMS read : "Hi! I am the baby GIRL of my mom n dad...I weigh 2.9kg n was born at 11.06am, today 6th feb. its my mom's bday too! Got to go. Nappy needs a change ;)".

Immediately, I fell from my bed, face straight to the floor and was laughing like a baboon. Omygod, my friends' have a baby!!!

After calling the dad (my friend's a dad!!!), and after hearing that mommy (my friend's a mommy!!!) and baby was ok, I paced back and forth in my room, and thought Man, one day, I am going to be a dad too.

I don't know, but it was a strange feeling. It was the happiest feeling I ever felt, because all of a sudden, life seemed much bigger than it is. It is not about work anymore. It is not about the enduring stress I face. All of a sudden, life is not just about my being, but about sharing life.

To Muhsin and Emma : Congratulations!

1 Comments:

Blogger N. Salim said...

I liked this one. Muhsin was that senior of ours in Uniten right? I felt the same way you did when my friend gave birth to their first baby. It was like, "I can't believe you're a dad now!" and feeling so much awe and respect for them. It's like the sweetest thing. I'm looking forward to it. This is one of the things that keep me moving forward with my life - the prospect of one day sharing my life with someone I created with someone I truly love.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home