Thursday, February 17, 2005

Theatre of Dreams


Seeing Red

I don't play sports. Since highschool, I have always considered myself as a musician, and watch the Grammy's like the way my friends watch their European Cup. The closest interest to sports would be my interest into the World Cup. But then again, it is more nationalistic driven (Go Germany!) rather than for the love of the game.

Last night, in my dreams, it was a different story...

I remembered running into a beautiful football stadium with grass greener than Oz's castle. I stood there infront of a team wearing red jerseys. I remembered looking on to my chest and read something in bold: Manchester United.

What??? I thought.

The next thing I knew I was running in the fields and realised that my opponents were in black. They swarmed me, but I kept on running. When I finally looked down, I realised that the ball was rolling by my feet. At that point, I was so damn excited. I wanted to go for goal, and no one could stop me!!!

The next thing I remembered was waking up by my handphone.

Bugger.

When I got to the office, I told my friend about it, who is a major MU fan.

"What color jersey were the opponents'?" she asked.

Black.

"Oh wow, black is currently MU home away jersey. But that doesn't make sence...". She looked somewhere into the ceiling, and I realised that she really wanted to understand my dream.

"OH MY GOD!" she screamed, "You were playing against Real Madrid. And you were playing in the Theatre of Dreams!!!" Immediately, she called her friends, giggling to them my vision of MU playing in the most prestigious football stadium.

I remembered sitting back into my cubicle and smiled. Me a football player, how awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home