Sunday, October 28, 2007

spend time with yourself


the original mood setter

there are times and days when i feel like spending time all by myself.

sometimes, it would be in a remote neighborhood mall, with my laptop and my favorite on-the-go mocha latte at hand, and i would surf for hours satorialist's blog to understand what true style means.

other times, i would spend a good hour or so at the gym working on the areas that need to be toned (alert : tummy) and just bask in the steam room to relax.

also many times, i would go over to the bakery at ikano to eat the usual (flying chicken sandwich + orange juice on the rocks) and read cover-to-cover the latest details mag.

i personally feel that at those times, there is feeling of peace which i love. it's the spending time to reflect, to be at ease with your self, which i feel makes me feel more...in love with living.

because i know, if you don't like spending with yourself, then who would?

(ps : marvin gaye crooning at the background makes me wish i was a singer...)

12 Comments:

Blogger che'fara said...

spending time all by myself wud be sleeping all day which i havent got that much lately.sigh.

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do that sometimes too. However, when my frens find out, they sympathise with me, which to me is totally wierd. They can't comprehend how I'm able to spend a Saturday having lunch by myself, read a book or simply wander the malls.

-ferr-

6:48 AM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

Yes, solitude is sublime. The older I get, the more I seek it. We can each only be our own best friends.

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love spending time with myself too. To me, being alone doesn't mean that one is lonely.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

che'fara : i love sleeping. can relate to you on that. ;)

ferr : all i have to say to your friends is to have them to give it a try. i think once they do, they will realise how fantastic it really is.

blabarella aka queen of egypt : i love the fact you used the word sublime. it conjures up images of sweet / sour iced lime juice. ;)

adek : exactly. its about being comfortable in your own skin, that's the best.

sempre libera : i am enjoying one as we speak! :) btw, have i ever told you how impressed i am with your commitment towards running? the closest i am to that is last week terry fox run. thought i would have passed out, but i survived (hooray!) and it was really worth it.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Feather's Mother said...

Who are you kidding,
you ARE a singer!

We have to have to have to go sing our lungs out soon!

8:07 PM  
Blogger che'fara said...

okay next.we need some update here doncha think? :)

11:07 PM  
Blogger Freak and Geek said...

i enjoy me time to death. :-P

6:01 AM  
Blogger dudae_simboyo said...

.

dude, long time no read you...

.

9:53 AM  
Blogger pugly said...

What can I say, I'm the Queen of Spending Time with Oneself :-)

P.S.: Eh, why the sudden comment moderation la? Somebody else dares to stalk you, izzit? Ooohhh ... let me at her! *cracks knuckles*

5:46 PM  
Blogger Norwanie said...

i love spending time with myself too. sometimes you need to have time for yourself. sometimes, i would spend my time at my own house alone, watching tv, shopping for groceries, cooked and eat or reading by myself when my husband has classes since i'm staying with my in-laws.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home