Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Nose Job


Clear!

Reading about my favorite writer muse over her fascination with nose picking made me realizes that this activity is actually liberating and can be regarded as an accomplishment. In the most amusing way, it also seems to boost self-esteem, most importantly, among the over-worked. As such, getting your hands dirty to get the work done never seemed more apt.

This entire nose picking business only shows that the need for personal hygiene will always be with us no matter what. We bathe ourselves in the morning and in the evening. We brush our teeth diligently. We further pick our noses for clearer nasal passageways. We love clean. While bodily cleanliness is highly regarded, pursued and is integrated in our daily rituals, I realize there is indeed a fine line of tolerance, especially in regards to where it is done.

---

So last Thursday, I went over to my colleague’s cubicle to discuss over a forecast report which I have been working on for days.

I can’t seem to get it right, I said. The figures keep on coming back negative.

“Let me see,” my colleague said, waving me his right hand for me to pass the report. I did, and then placed my right elbow on his table, and I jumped when something seemed to have pricked me.

Ouch!

I quickly rubbed my right elbow to find a large clipped fingernail!

“Sorry, is that mine?”

Ewww!!!

---

So you see, one of the places where personal hygiene activities such as fingernail clipping should not be done is at the office cubicle. But it seems like majority of us do think other wise. For instance, there was many times when I saw a certain colleague of mine held a mirror to his face to pull strands of hair from his nose. There were others who would floss. And I have been a guilty for sometimes picking my nose swiftly when my nose feels “full”.

Perhaps the reason why most of us are at fault is because we believe that we have privacy in our cubicles. When in fact, we do not. The thing is, I am not saying we cannot pick our noses, clip our fingernails or pull nose hair at the office. What I am saying is, do it in the restroom cubicle. It is indeed the cubicle where you expect things to be dirty.

14 Comments:

Blogger pugly said...

What's this, the nose-picking week or something? :-D

Green Pastures sure has some colourful characters in there ... I'll think twice before shaking hands with anyone from GP next time :-)

7:19 PM  
Blogger Vlad said...

I don't know about you people.

I love farting silently in the public, then stand aside to watch what mayhem it would cause.

Damn.

11:54 PM  
Blogger waffles said...

mudster,

i know i o u pix. wait kay. just got back ofc yday.

signed,
i never pick noses

11:10 PM  
Blogger Crash Test Mom said...

there was once this colleague of mine, lets call him shrek, asked if i had a nailclipper that he could borrow. of course i said no, even if i had one... ewwww...i never would've given him la.

2:53 AM  
Blogger shobshob said...

yeah some people can just do these things anywhere they like.. it should always be done at home.. always.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Fiza said...

... or while waiting for the traffic light to turn green.

*korek* :p

7:10 PM  
Blogger Cosmic_GurL said...

OMG! Speaking of inappropriate behavior..my boss loves to "adjust" his majingythingy in front of us. It's totally disgusting. Like hello??!! When u wanna smoke u go smoke at the staircase but when u do this u do it in front of people! Hmmpphh!

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im back it was AWESOME the likes of Spain , France , UK , ITALY is no where compared to croatia and i have found paradise.... finally... sent u some sneak preview pics reply ok !

and i got stuck in London airport flying brit airways most cancellation airlines ! talk abt luck ! then i had to check in everything inc phone , even story book thats when i got really angry la so i took my pen in tot wanna do crossword or soduku and even that they took my pen away !

then i got home after being stuck in the airport hungry then i dropped my phone in a pail then i took it to repair shop , said need an engineer ape ni%$%%£$! bodoh bodoh they refused to look at phone saying liquid damage gone so

i deceided to be clever n do my own repairs mean while family n friends were frantic coz dont know if i arrived ke sleeping in the airport again.. but the phone is ok today but keypad jam at least i know the phone memory is ok

hmhhhhhh soooo where does this lead to your blod post .... yes id rather come accross a someones nail or even smell vlads fart then to go over the whole drama above !!!

miss ya mudds

9:09 AM  
Blogger kimster said...

Mudster,
I agree with you that "[p]erhaps the reason [is] because we believe that we have privacy in our cubicles."

You see, we spend so much time in our cubicles as slaves, that after a while we start to think (at some subconscious level) that it is a reban that we can call home. I am not sure if this is a sound theory, but I reckon I should something smart about it and confuse people so that they'll think that I actually have something worthwhile to say.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Syaf said...

I have something to add. So it's not just a cublicle. People do all these things in the car as well, especially at the traffic light. Eeuuww.....

Thanks 4 reading my blog.

4:42 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

pugly :

greener pastures do have colourful characters. come by sometime. i'll introduce. ;P

ailin :

hahaha we do like to scratch, and everywhere is true. but sometimes you just can't help it. trust me. hahaha!!!

vlad :

hahaha! dude, talking about that, my mom did the same thing. its amazing how mothers can still be juvenile at times. kekeke.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

princess :

hey babe, bila nak gi kareoke again??? jom! :))

shoppermom :

hahahaha. i do that with toothbrushes. when my friends ask to borrow, i am like don't even think about it, don't even look at it, don't!

shobshob :

hoi org trganu, bila nak balik kl lagi??? aku nak kareoke. jom!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

9 :

korek, jgn tak korek. kekeke! (i think the light is green already...)

cosmic gurl :

hahahah. and yeah, i know what you mean about people smoking in the office. i used to work at a company where everyone is allowed to do so, but at that time, i did smoke. since quitting, it bothers the hell out of me when people do now. it's very annoying.

anon :

oh babe, i can't believe you went through all that!!! sigh, but am so happy you finally found your paradise! mine still has to be bali, but will see next year.

oi, guess who is working at greener pastures? bosh told me that akta is working at his plant!!! bosh went up to him and asked whether he knew you and me. he remembered you, but not me though. huhuhu...

5:16 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

the kimster :

hahahhaa!!! reban??! you know what, there's so much truth in that statement. you what man...i realise that certain people at greener pastures really do decorate their cubicles, flowers and candles and all. talk about pimpin their cubes. hahaha.

syafique :

hahaha true man. but i have been guilty of that obscene behavior. i just can't help it at times. kekeke.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home