Monday, July 24, 2006

It's In The Cards


Luna is Loony

A few weekends ago, May called me up to remind me to have a social life again. It’s been ages, I groaned. “Well then we must,” she responded. As an initiative, she told me that she will drive, and I said okay, why not.

Once I got into her car and we headed down the NKVE to KL, she told me that she recently visited a Tarot reader. Oh wow, I said, so what does your future hold? “It’s not about the future, Muds,” she said, while speeding down the highway. “The Tarot reading was just to give myself insights on my current situation.”

In short, the situation was that she was not at peace. Especially with her past. For the past weeks, I have listened to her explain her “situation”, and we came to the conclusion that perhaps she needed closure. Just give him a call, I said. “And cry over the phone?” If that’s closure, why not, I concluded.

But the tarot reading said otherwise. The cards read that May can be at peace, only if she allowed herself to adjust to the things which are constant. For example, May was like a fish out of a pond when she came back to Malaysia after living in Boston for years. In terms of work, the pay was never right. In terms of rules, she hated how she is constant fear for holding hands. “If I have a ticket to New York, I would fly off now,” she would always tell me.

So the tarot was saying that it was not the past that caused her emotional chaos. It was herself that caused her own troubles. She needed to change and adjust to the present, and not worry about the past. “For example, Malaysia will always be like this. I just have to adapt in ways I know how,” she said.

So, how are you going to apply this to your ex-boyfriend?

“He is in the past. I just have to let him go.”

I nodded, and stared into the highway. It’s easier said than done, I thought. But seeing her smiling, at that moment, I knew she found peace. Even when it was within her all along.

8 Comments:

Blogger pugly said...

This I can relate to :-)

I don't know, maybe it's a woman thing, but I find a closure helps you in moving on with your life somehow, especially when it comes to past relationships. Thankfully I've had mine quite recently, and it really felt like a huge burden has been lifted off my back ... it's just so ... liberating.

Closure comes in many forms, perhaps your friend just needs to see that guy just one last time (& have a good chat with him) to make that quintessential conclusion that he's in the past.

7:57 PM  
Blogger RosiePosie said...

You're back! And still writing well, I see ;)

On a side note, I had a tarot card reading awhile ago and it's accuracy blew me away. In retrospect however, I realize that the messages from the reading were somewhat generic and you interpret it according to what's going on in your life at the moment. Closure comes from the identification of something you probably knew all along.

Hope life's great for you. Stop working so hard!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

pugly :

i have to agree that closure is needed, especially when you are leaving with something which your heart have grown fond. it is liberating: after closure, there is some sense of relief, and confidence that we can move on.

with May, the situation is somewhat complicated, as the said ex is in the States. the most personalized way to communicate is via the phone, although May keeps on saying that if she could, she would fly there to settle things out. but i said, that's just way too dramatic. calling is cheaper anyways...huhu...

rosieposie :

it's really good to hear from you! hahah...the compliments is really distracting me from my work! ;)

i have to agree. it also can be said with the daily horoscopes. although most are really off tangent, sometimes it is really eery when the insights are spot on. i don't believe in these mumbo jumbos, but hey its fun. :)

PS: joey is a lucky man. and so is biskuit. ;)

7:11 PM  
Blogger Fiza said...

dude, this posting is deep... very deep. :p

7:54 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

9 :

hahaha to think about it, yeah you're right! very dalam loh. kekeke.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Inn said...

mudsters!!!! u hv been dearly missed :)

i went to a tarot reading as well... it was fun. the cards had pretty design. me like..

cant remember what the reading was though

7:04 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

dear inn,

am estatic to see you around this corner of the blogsphere. really long time no see. ;)

that's very cool you went. i myself had my tarot read by a friend. the reading said that i was going to be very successful, but at the same time, i was going to be "evil". i was like, me evil? no way!!!

don't really believe in the mambo jumbo, cause i believe in God and myself more. ;)

6:10 PM  
Blogger shobshob said...

huhu never really tried tarot reading, and i don't think i wanna try one anytime soon..

hmm really deep post muddy, dunno how to respond to.. :P

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home