Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Rice Fields


Schnitzel my nitzel

These days, I tell myself to meet with my comrades a minimum once per week. I can say that this personal agenda to hold on to the last threads of my drifting friendships, especially against my overwhelming work schedule, can fail at times. However, due to my killer ability to persuade, I am now able to meet with Kobis three times per week, as he got convinced (by, ahem, me) that he needed to join my gym to get rid of his “excess and growing baggage”.

One evening, after gym, we decided to go eat dinner at Secret Recipe. After a few minutes of munching on grilled chicken kebab and rice, Kobis posed me a question on the subject of lurve. “Tell me man, who you would not date?”

Say what?

“Minah mana engkau tak nak?”

That’s easy, I said. Never royalties, celebrities or lawyers.

“Why man?”

I have my reasons.

Kobis sipped on his Coke, paused, and said, “Never say never, man. Look at me. I am dating a German.”

---

In his previous life, Kobis would only date and fall in love with strings of beautiful Chinese girls. Although he has dated a few Malays, he would always tell me that he never saw himself dating a Minah Salleh. “I don’t know,” he would always tell me, “They can be gorgeous. But I am just not attracted to them.”

Months forward, over coffee and chocolate cake, he introduced me to a tall, blond German to which he found sparks with in Hong Kong. How did this happen? I whispered to him. “I don’t know,” he replied, “It just did.”

---

“You know what man? Lately, I am looking at only white girls.”

Hahaha, that’s cool, I said. I guess you are becoming the male version of sawah padi girl.

“What?”

You are the male version of a sawah padi girl.

“It’s sarong party girl lah mangkuk!”

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was like "huh? sawah padi girl ape ni?". hahahahahah. You and your misheard things.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Vlad said...

I am a kimono party boy.

Men working hard down the sawah padi will be delighted to hear upon this sawah padi girl term.

"Phewit look at the sawah padi girl with the killer little black dress."

"Oh my, I'm ventilating. Look at the mud on her feet and face."

3:38 AM  
Blogger pugly said...

Sawah Padi Girl? Hehehe ... that's just too cute!

You know what's even cuter? The fact that you've linked me as `The One Who Found Me In Friendster (!)'.

Stalker Pugly Geek, anyone?

*LOL!*

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HeHe nice one ! Am glad u r blogging more often. What this specail project abt? info lerrrr a bit.Oh I would add accountants and thos who work for for a certain It consulting firm serioulsy no merch work day n night .. most of the accountant friends that I know work sat & sundays.... i know we did not know any accounting students coz actully come to think of it ... ade ke ?? hmhhh i mean of course we had but did we hang out with them .......

5:20 AM  
Blogger Fiza said...

well, at least u got the initials rite.. "SPG".

me like swedish girls. them are hot! :p

6:51 PM  
Blogger keesha said...

sawah padi girl... uuuhhh.... heheh! long time no hear... u're in petronas rite? jom lunch!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

pojan :

hey there, its good to see you again! :) hahaha yeah, i have a tendency to hear the wrong things, or perhaps i like to intepret things the way i like to see them. first it was "goggles", now this! kekeke...;P

vlad :

hahahah yeah, for some reason, the sawah padi girl makes alot of sense to me. kobis said that my term makes the spg seemed really low. hahahah...

pugly :

because you did found me in friendster! i was pleasantly surprised at your detective work, although it does borderline the aura of a stalker. but hey, when you got a stalker, you know you have made it. kekeke ;)

6:14 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

anon :

heya babe! :) ada, siapa kata tak kawan dgn budak budak accountant. they are cool what. just that "fucketers" are much cooler though. ;)

secret convention? mana ada secret? its all related to work babe, something which i am glad is over!

9 :

hahaha the first two girls that i had a crush on was swedish girls in first grade (yeah, muda lagi ada crush.) they were laura and aino, both blond and sparkling blue eyes. kekeke

kristakish :

aduh! tak payah lah advertise kat sini. kekeke...definitely, although i think its better we chill at the curve. starbucks on you? ;)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Blabarella said...

That really cracked me up!! And I think I like "sawah padi" more. :) No lawyers, eh?? Sighs, I (was) a lawyer, and I can understand your reservation(s) ... although I ended up marrying one myself .. sighhhhhhh. :p

1:54 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

blabs :

hey, thanks for dropping by! :)

sorry if i segregated lawyers among the ones i won't date. but you know where i am coming from, but perhaps i can be flexible if certain lawyer-like characteristics (i.e. tendency to grill) are absent. huhuhu... ;P

6:43 PM  
Blogger shobshob said...

hahahah didn't know that u thought SPG is sawah padi girls.. selalu pakai that term ingatkan tau...

7:19 AM  
Blogger Crash Test Mom said...

oit, sapa kutuk accountants huh? we're cool too, u know. :P

8:35 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

shob :

hahhahaha!!! i know, confident giler!

shoppermom :

oooo i like accountants. envy how they are good with their money. ;P

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home