Saturday, July 23, 2005

It Started Off With A Bus Ride...


Destination: Paradise

It was a Thursday morning and I was at the bus station infront of PWTC. Unlike the usual and familiar Thursday mornings where the office is quiet as a dead mouse, the bus station was different. Old women with brightly colored tudungs munched loudly on kuici. Little children in slippers laughed and ran annoyingly around our plastic seats. Two blind men who sat beside me grew tempers on how the nasi lemak gave them stomach problems. While all this was happening, I remained quiet and confused. Like a bad habit, I kept on looking at the bus ticket and at the digital clock on the wall. I guess this is what happens when it is the first time you are riding on a bus to travel alone. You grow paranoid every second that you might miss it.

The bus finally came, and it surprised me that the bus wasn't that bad. The seats were comfortable, inviting me to doze off quite quickly. And I liked the fact that the people around me was quiet and minded their own business. No one talked to each other, except for a quick chat with the bus driver to where he should drop us off. It was perfect.

After a fast five hours, the bus finally stopped infront of the Petronas station in Kerteh. I went off the bus, thanked the bus driver, and stepped into the air-conned station, waiting for Shobshob to pick me up. And while waiting for him, my mind churned to find the purpose of this sudden holiday. Was it to relax? Was it to have fun? Was it for soul-searching purposes? I quickly snapped back, telling my Consultant self to shut up, while I grabbed an orange popsicle.

It doesn't matter, I thought. You're finally here.

---

Terengganu proved to be amazing.

At the sight of the sea, I took off my flip flops...


...to sit by the wooden benches and let my toes breathe.


The beach was serene and soul-calming during the day...


...and festive at night. (Yes, those chefs were at my call! huhuhu...)


---

It's Sunday, and my bus ride is at 11.40 am.

(I am going to miss this un-planned, ad hoc, spontaneous type of life. My soul feels rested and alive.)

And at 11.40 am I will travel back home. And to rush to Bangsar to meet up with Khaylis for an relaxing afternoon drink and a surprise.

Yes, today, I am going to meet up with Dina Zaman...

22 Comments:

Blogger Namingways Way said...

I wish i could relax like that on vacation, but i always end up making too many plans..


And to Everything That Has a Name

8:34 PM  
Blogger Vlad said...

Wait for me. I will be there by Merdeka week. You keep your sand smooth. Oh sorry was talking to the beach.

10:33 PM  
Blogger madnessinvain said...

Damn, that was a good one, wasn't it? Hmm.. shall i shoot you now, or shall i shoot you later?

12:59 AM  
Blogger MDR said...

jeles, jeles! i want a beach vacation too!! sounds like u had a great time, Muds :-)

1:27 AM  
Blogger shell said...

nice legs.. :D

7:45 AM  
Blogger an0nymous-ign0ranus said...

i agree with shell. if one can judge a person by his legs, then i'm sure you are quite a hottie.

;-)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Dade Ghost said...

Hey Muddy, time we all to have some break.... ermmm glad yours was great!

Catch up with you soon....

7:10 PM  
Blogger Wingnut said...

where did u stay in trg? tanjung jara resort or awana kijal? i studied in trg, so those places are familiar to me.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Inn said...

Glad u enjoyed ur quickie. heh. am going to the beach too next week. BBQ with my family and friends. hooray!!!

9:59 PM  
Blogger kiddo's mom said...

i did an adhoc thing too last weekend. no holiday or anything like dat, but was sooo stressed out (plus merajuk and apparently no one was free to layan me that friday night) so i drove down to PD ALONE at 10 p.m., went and sat by the beach for a couple of hours, got my mind off things, and back in KL by 3.

i still love the beach!!!

2:36 AM  
Blogger kr|nch said...

Yes Muddy! Riding with bus to Terengganu wasn't bad after all, rite? Glad to see you had soo much fun over here. So, when is your next trip to Terengganu?

3:32 AM  
Blogger shobshob said...

such a fun trip rite? heheh.. even better if we could try the banana boat ride at awana kan? maybe i should try it this weekend.. hehe..

4:26 AM  
Blogger In Technicolor said...

my! what cute small feet u have. Hehe..

9:15 PM  
Blogger Feather's Mother said...

so, tell me tell me, how did your date with Dina Zaman go?

10:19 PM  
Blogger lissaism said...

erm, this comment box is more hilarious than ur post..

glad u had a great time muddy

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Muddy. Nice legs :D

3:28 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

though & humor :

thanks for dropping by, but your comment eerily looks like an advert. Please prove me wrong. Huhuhuu...

namingway ways :

Hey there, thanks for dropping by! :) And yeah, the things about plans is that I am not not the type of guy who likes to follow them during holidays.

I like to go with the flow usually, and surprise myself where i would end up. Planning takes too much effort, and i usually have a friend to do that for the rest of us. Hehehehe...

vlad :

You're going there for the merdeka week? Oh gosh, not fair man! But to think about it, I haven't made plans yet for that week. Hmmm...

Keep my sand smooth? Muahahah...for some reason, I don't know where the connotations are in that line...

madnessinvain :

You can shoot me now! The post-hols work piled in my email box, and it scared the bejesus out of me. Please. End. My. Misery.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

marinadelray :

Hehehe...jeles? I know, I am jeles myself now, sitting at my boring, boring office cubicle.

Shell :

Muahahahhahaha!!! Nice legs huh??? Aiyoo, they are nothing more than baboon's. Hehehe...anyway, looking at the picture makes me wanna just snooze by the beach again...

the babe :

Hahahahah...gosh, I never would have guessed that my hairy legs could constitute me as a hottie. Girls and their fetishes...I like. ;P

dade_ghost :

It was fantastic!!! My clients asked me all about it, and are now planning to go themselves. hehehe...

And yeah, look forward to the BBU game soon. *I seriously going to suck pal*

5:21 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

wing/chick :

I originally wanted to go to Tanjong Jara, but the guys there were on call for work, so we had to make lemonade out of nothing actually. So, closest to kerteh, we went to awana but didn't stay there. We just hacked the facilities and used the beach as if we did stay there. The boys and I should have gotten an award for it. Hehehe...

Inn :

I love BBQ!!! Protein on the open fire is delicious babe! Where will you be heading with your family? :)

Nikola :

It was suppose to be a surprise babe!!! Hahahah...well, not exactly. Wari knows that I was to visit him end of this year, but the timing, I was planning to surprise him. So after your incident, he called me asking/pestering me when I will be dropping by. Huhuhu...its cool babe.

But it really depends on how work goes lah babe! I just won a few new clients, so will be pretty busy end of year. :((

annabie :

The cat out the hat? Aiyooo, sounds sexual lah babe. Heheheh...yeah, i absolutely have no objections about vacaying, but I currently got a leash on my neck tied down to my desk at work. Huhuhu...:(

5:30 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

Yanz :

hey babe!!! next time you hit PD alone, just holler me up so I can join you lah. I hope things are ok babe; are you getting jitters about the whole wedding extravaganza? No worries, everyone is here to support you down the aisle! :))

krinch :

Hey pal!!! Hehehe...I am not sure when I will be heading to Paradise again. And yeah, the bus ride was really, really comfortable (for me that is...there were several bumpy times, but I slept through it).

shobshob :

thanks for being my tour guide pal! And yeah, thanks for downloading the entire season of DH. I seriously now have a crush on Mrs Solis. hehehe...

Theroadie :

Hahahahahahah...yeah, at that angle, it does look like I got small feet. When matter of fact, their actually quite huge, you know what I am saying. Muahahahah!!!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

the yoga instructor :

Heheheh...we didn't meet that day. She had to make a raincheck, which was cool. Maybe one sweet day... :))

lissa :

Hahahahah...I do think so too!!! And yeah, I had a fantastic time. Wished all of you could have joined me there. :)

Chi :

Muahahahahahah...aiyoo, I think my legs now has its own fan club. Huhuhu...;P

5:38 PM  
Blogger Muddy said...

aeyya :

Muahahahahah...yeah, I sound like a major spoiled brat just thinking about it! But it wasn't that bad at all. highly recommend it actually. :)

Ok, I am creating the to do list when you are in town. Make sure you are free to do all of them! :))

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home