Sunday, December 18, 2005

It's the Final Countdown!


Comey Ah!

It’s time again! To conjure up resolutions for the New Year!

On January 1 this year, the Usual Suspects professed resolutions out loud and to each other. While I sipped pineapple juice, I said mine was to get a job. At that time, I had recently resigned from a high-stressed, highly-sociable job stint at a tres tres-exclusive public relations firm. I remember swearing to myself DO NOT GO INTO PR AGAIN! Surprisingly, this year, I managed to get TWO jobs in TWO differing industries. How cool is that?

And if you haven’t noticed from my statement upstairs, I sipped pineapple juice during New Years. That’s because I wanted to quit drinking and jointly, smoking. Reason one was that I was drinking and smoking like no tomorrow while I was at that PR job. One of my clients, for example, is The Maker of Cigarettes (enough said). And the thing about PR is that there will always be extra bottles of champagne/wine from previous events. So imagine, during breaks, I would be sipping away Moet or sparkling at my desk. Gila!

Yes, I did drink during Merdeka (to the dismay of some narrow minded bloggers out there). And I recently have been picking up a few sticks. But, I still feel I have met my objectives and even my friends do tell me I have been extra good. (Thanks Khaylis! You’re da best!)

So what’s my resolution this year? That’s for you to find out in Laughing Matters 2006. ;) Happy New Years everybody!

22 Comments:

Blogger Vlad said...

It's a good thing you stop. There will be more for me.

See, it pays off being a good boy.

11:19 PM  
Blogger AF said...

hari tu kan, kena marah! :D

We were at Telawi Street bistro or bodega or kedai or something and everyone was puffing away. And I was like, can I have one. I nearly flew across the room from the force of the NO that I got. hehe.

1:01 AM  
Blogger teek said...

all the best to u, hope u can do a 'double quit' lah. and then kita leh minum air sirap together-gether ;)

1:10 AM  
Blogger Fiza said...

i quit drinking abt a year ago. told myself enough was enough. but damn i miss those johnny walkers.. heh

7:24 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

I've managed to give up drinking too. Its been almost 2 years now since I had a drink. I'm still working on smoking tho. What I find really helps is not to bring cigs to work. Pau kat orang selalu sangat malu, so it really reduces the amount I smoke a day.

8:00 PM  
Blogger an0nymous-ign0ranus said...

i still haven't given up shopping. dunno how.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Blogger User said...

Muddy,
Whatever you plan to do, all the best1

Happy New Year and Happy Holidays :-)

2:03 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Good for ya. On all da counts. :)
N a Happy New Year 2 u 2! Cheerssss!

2:22 AM  
Blogger Spazlee said...

Happy New Year to you Muddy. You be good now for 2006! Love from Swiss.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Adu said...

Happy New Year, Muddy.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

people who smoke always say No when someone who doesnt smoke wants a puff..kenapa a?

happy new year to u..

6:20 PM  
Blogger terabot said...

terabot is definitely not a transformer my dear!heheh, some of my frens also think the same thought.."robot"...terabot is combination of my names..but i think "bie" is ok...Good Luck to you...its not easy,but give it a try ok..HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

www.terabot.blogspot.com

7:03 PM  
Blogger Pesa said...

Glad to know many are trying to quit both...coz nowadays I find myself outnumbered when hanging out coz I don't do both...hahahha...takde la rasa out of place sangat! :p

8:49 PM  
Blogger Inn said...

hey u.

yeah.. been a good year overall aint it? here's another brilliant year ahead in 2006 mudster! cheers!!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Sports Freak said...

Happy New Years to you too.. anyway, drinking and smoking in moderation should be ok... at least im sticking to that theory for now..

6:59 PM  
Blogger CV said...

happy holidays and have a good 2006.

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah muddy, have a great year ahead! I like even numbered years, dunno why, so I'm having a good feeling about 2006! Hope you all are :)

*dunno why suddenly so excited pulak :p*

7:15 AM  
Blogger madnessinvain said...

Yay!

Happy New Year!

10:41 PM  
Blogger AF said...

Happy new year man. Roll on 2006. Will your album be launched soon? :D

2:27 AM  
Blogger [V]landa said...

happy new year dude!

have a good one!

3:07 AM  
Blogger Muddy said...

To My Fantastic Readers :

THANK YOU for the well wishes! The transition to the new year was indeed mind-blowing. Never danced like that morning for the longest time. I felt completely happy and excited to what the year has to offer...

After receiving high amount of complaints at my lazy rate of updating my blog, I promise to try atleast post one writeup for you to read and dissect every week. Will try to do so...

And yes, overall and not at all the least, THANK YOU for the endless support for my insane ramblings in the blog world. It makes me smile to think that there are people out there who are also laughing with me at my life...hahaha...

Do take care and enjoy my misadventures in 2006! :)

Cheers, Muddy

5:40 PM  
Blogger shobshob said...

am i too late to wish happy new year? huhu.. hope u can maintain being a good boy for as long as u can..

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home